The laws governing the control of Japanese knotweed apply to organisations, as well as individuals. If there is a Japanese knotweed infestation on neighbouring property owned by a business you will still be able to follow the same legal recourse. A Community Protection Notice can be served against a business but is not essential and, should the knotweed encroach onto your land, you should be able to make a claim to cover the treatment costs and damage to your house value and the potential stigma of having Japanese Knotweed on or near your property.